Mouse config: request for upgrade

Anthony Ewell aewell at gbis.com
Fri Nov 28 01:35:32 CET 2003

Moritz Heiber wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:56:45 -0800
>"Net Llama!" <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:
>

>>On 11/27/03 15:54, Anthony Ewell wrote:
>>

>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>   Please add the following to the wish list: on the mosue
>>>configuration panel, please add an option for a large mouse
>>>pointer.  This will get great for those of us who run at
>>>1280x1024 or higher resolutions.   :-)
>>>

>>I think that's an X configuration option, and isn't controllable by
>>XFCE.
>>

>It's called 'Xcursor.size' and has to be set in your .Xdefaults and/or
>.Xresource configuration file. Moreover the icon theme you're using has
>to support different icon sizes.
>
>Bye,
>
>Moritz

Thank you for the tip.   It will be nice to have a mouse pointer I can see.

But, my request still stands.  XFce should be a little more friendly than
requiring manual entries in .Xresources.  Do you remember when you first
used vi?  XFce needs to be usable for the general public as well as us
Linux heads: XFce is an awesome piece of programming and should attempt
to appeal to a wider audience than just us linux heads!

--Tony