XFCE doesn't have a usable graphical login!

Otto Wyss otto.wyss at orpatec.ch
Thu Nov 27 19:38:19 CET 2003

Chris Green wrote:

> > 1. XDM doesn't allow to shutdown (BTW it looks rather unsupported).
>
> I use xfce with xdm, admittedly I use it from an X-server on another system but it
> works fine that way.  I just kill the X server window.

I don't want to kill X I want to shutdown! What shall a novice user do
with a killed X server if XDM simply requires to start it again. Either
XDM should allow for a shutdown or better XFCE should be able to
reconfigure Quit to do the shutdown. Without this simple functionality I
can't use XFCE.

O. Wyss

--
See "http://wxguide.sourceforge.net/" for ideas how to design your app