xftree4 icons

edscott wilson garcia edscott at lunar-linux.org
Wed Nov 26 15:06:11 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 21:25, Robert Serphillips wrote:
> Thanks, it looks much better. Here's an observation, correct me if I'm
> wrong
>
> When parsing the file to generate the xml key you parse from left to
> right splitting the name on "." . Shouldn't you try to generate the
> key from right to left in the filename.

Right to left would make a .ps.gz file use gzip instead of gv.

> Ex
> my_mp3.mp3 generates this entry
>
>   <mime-key key="mp3" type="audio/x-mp3">
>     <application command="xmms %s"/>
>   </mime-key>

this would be right.

> but this file
> bash-doc-2.05b-20.i386.rpm
>
>   <mime-key key="05b" type="application/xffm-05b">
>     <application command="xfq %s"/>
>   </mime-key>
> </mime-info>

And this wrong. This file should generate keys in the following order:
"05b-20.i386.rpm", "i386.rpm", and "rpm" which should give a correct
behaviour.

The observation you make is due to a bug in the code. Some time ago,
xffm would correctly identify duplicated files (file.c-xx would have key
"c", as long as xx was a digit). As you notice, this feature is buggy
and was removed. Apparently some code was missed. Let me see...
Yes, some code was missed.  It's now fixed in CVS. You will probably
have to edit or remove your $HOME/.xfce4/xffm/applications.xml file to
get rid of the mistaken entries.

Thanks for the bug report.