Why xfdesktop uses full screen window ?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at lunar-linux.org
Wed Nov 26 15:06:06 CET 2003

AFAICT, the issue is about having the desktop menu. In order to popup
the menu, you need to monitor the events for the root window. Apparently
it is a pain in the rear to do such with gtk.

Maybe the solution would be to have a plain Xlib event loop, and when
events are received, pass them on as a gtk event?