Configuring and shutdown in XFCE

n_powell nathan at lagerbottom.com
Wed Nov 26 13:41:43 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:31:09 +0100
thus spake Nikola Pizurica <pizurica at neobee.net> :

> You need xfce session manager, it's in cvs. Since I don't know how to
> use cvs, and my success rate with compiling is about 5%, I hunted down
> RPM binary, installed it and it works OK. It gives you option to quit
> session, reboot or shutdown.
> I guess that is what you're looking for.

Indeed it does sound like what I am looking for. As of right now I am
just using a app launcher with the command reboot.  On my desktop it
really is not a problem as I rarely reboot but the laptop triple boots,
so I do use the func more.  I think I'll use the workaround until
session mgr becomes part of the stable install.  Thanks for the heads
up.

n_powell
nathan_at_lagerbottom_dot_com
www.lagerbottom.com

Never make any mistaeks."
   --(Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a kernel bug report.)