Configuring and shutdown in XFCE

n_powell nathan at lagerbottom.com
Tue Nov 25 16:42:53 CET 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:34:33 +0000 (GMT)
thus spake "Tony Sequeira" <tony at sequeira.com> :

> Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, but gdm does have it's own
> shutdown/reboot buttons, does it not?
>
> --
> Tony

if you use gnome you can reboot or shutdown from the desktop...however
using XFce puts you to the login-in screen where you can
shutdown/re-boot from. It would be nice to be able to have those same
options under XFce.  I am not clear as to weather this
script will provide that and I have bearly looked at tk docs but I was
kind of hoping it was straight fwd enough to use under Xfce to send
reboot or shutdown to GDM. Again though I am no hacker I was just hoping
here :)

n_powell
nathan_at_lagerbottom_dot_com
www.lagerbottom.com