Thunderbird gtk error

Anthony Ewell aewell at gbis.com
Sat Nov 22 21:41:28 CET 2003

Hi All,

    I installed Mozilla Thunderbird on a customer's Red Hat 9 computer and
it works beautifully.  So, I decided to put it on my office's Red Hat 8
computer.
Both computers are running XFce 4.0.1.

    Starting Thunderbird from a command prompt (xfterm) gives the following
error:

             (thunderbird-bin:12059): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkdrawable-x11.c:787
             drawable is not a pixmap or window

Thunderbird never opens but runs in the background and has to be killed
with "ps"  and "kill".    Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Many thanks,
--Tony
aewell at gbis.com