3 questions - desktop / xxfm split windows / pronunciation

Arnd Zapletal a_zapletal at web.de
Wed Nov 19 12:51:41 CET 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:35:32 +0000
John Pettigrew <john at pettigrew.org.uk> wrote:

> In a previous message, Arnd Zapletal <a_zapletal at web.de> wrote:
>
> > When using the pinboard, ROX-Filer offers to pipe the
> > 'background-mouse-clicks' to the window manager. Is it possible to make
> > rox pass them to xfdesktop instead ?
>
> Simply run ROX-Filer without a pinboard. Then, use xfdesktop to draw your
> desktop. That should achieve what you seem to want.

Actually I don't want this (I even don't run xfce-panel) I just (do follow the thread) would like to know whether xfwm could be modified to loop the rox signal to xfdesktop. Or rox hacked to pass it to xfdesktop.
That case I would give backdrop control to rox (you can write cool pythonic apps there :)

Even if my question is silly and dumb, I'm here to learn.

Arnd

"Die Zukunft war frueher auch besser."
                             [Karl Valentin]