3 questions - desktop / xxfm split windows / pronunciation

Arnd Zapletal a_zapletal at web.de
Wed Nov 19 01:21:03 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:59:18 +0100
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:

> > 1)	Is it possible to save files etc to the desktop?
>
> No. Using ROX FIler + pinboard or nautilus instead of xfdesktop can get
> you this functionality.

When using the pinboard, ROX-Filer offers to pipe the 'background-mouse-clicks' to the window manager.
Is it possible to make rox pass them to xfdesktop instead ?

> > 3)	How the hell do you pronounce 'xfce'??  'ex-eff-see-eee'?
> > 'ex-er-fiss'?  ;-)
> >

> Well, usually you don't ;-) Other than that it's up to you. How we
> pronounce it mostly depends on the language we speak, I guess ;-) In
> Dutch it would be something like 'ix eff say a' if you were wondering,
> 'ex eff cee ee' sounds right to me for English.

I also didn't care, but as my little bro now also uses xfce & we do talk from time to time, we agreed
to 'x-face' (as our X-Window system shows it's face here ;)

--
"Die Zukunft war frueher auch besser."
                             [Karl Valentin]