xfce-4.0.1 released

Jonathan Gardner bohemian72 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 13 04:42:38 CET 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:41:43 -0700
The Matt <thompsma at colorado.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 15:28, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> > I've got Fedora installed and can produce rpms for
> > them, but that wont be till later tonight, four or
> > five hours from now. If no one else has I'll post them
> > somewhere and let everybody know.
> > Oh! Any special optimization you want? ie i386, i686,
> > athlon etc? I'll be making athlon for myself.
>
> I guess i686, but does it make a tangible difference with XFce4?  It
> seems near instantaneous as it is!  That's why I love it. :D

OK, I have a tar.bz2 file filled with xfce-4.0.1 rpms build for i686 up
now and uploadingfor athlon as I type.  At this moment the MD5sum in the
file for the athlon set is wrong. I originally put that together without
the xffm-icons but when the athlon set is fully uploaded the correct MD5
should be up as well.

They're located at http://bohemian.freeshell.org/xfce4/

Oh, and yes these were built on Fedora Core 1.

Cheers,
Jonathan