Panel and workspace margins

n_powell nathan at lagerbottom.com
Tue Nov 11 19:17:15 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesús García Crespo (aka Sevein)" <correo at sevein.com>
To: <xfce at xfce.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 11:21 AM
Subject: Panel and workspace margins

> Hi! This is my new e-mail to xfce lists and, althoung I am Spanish and mi
English is not very good, I will try to explain me the best I can.

> I love xfce4-panel and I want it be shown always, top of all. But not at
all, because I don't like the panel when is over my applications (I have a
small monitor and I usually maximized my windows). I have my panel,
vertically, on the left and when I maximize my windows, the panel is up.

> To solve it, I use workspace margins. I make a left space margins of an
amount of pixels, and when I maximize the windows they know that is not good
to hide the panel. Is there any better way? It could be possible to make a
new option set for the panel that makes friendly between panel and maximized
windows?

> Have you undestood me? I think my English is not enough to explan it well,
but I will learn more vocabulary about this when you reply me, nice users of
the nicest desktop, :).

I prefer this method:

http://xfce.lindesign.se/db/viewtopic.php?t=94