LANG and Launcher

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Nov 10 20:57:44 CET 2003

Op 2003-11-10 19:44:14 schreef The Matt:
> On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 11:42, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> > Perhaps there's a more elegant way of doing this, but
> > could you perhaps write a short script with that line
> > and then launch THAT from the launcher?
>
> Yeah, I know I could just alias straw to LANG=... straw or make a
> script, I was just wondering if there was some way to get the
> launcher
> to do it.

/bin/sh -c "LANG=... ..."

That might work.

Currently the panel does not use the shell to execute programs. I think
perl uses a trick where it checks the commandline for shell meta
characters and uses /bin/sh if there are any and direct execution if
there aren't. Perhaps we could use something like that as well.

	Jasper