Accessing floppy & cdrom?

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Sun Nov 9 12:14:44 CET 2003

Op Wed, 5 Nov 2003 04:41:32 +0100 schreef Jan Eidtmann aan xfce at xfce.org:

>  > >  > (I know how to mkdir & mount /dev/fd0 etc, then access the files
>  > >  > via a terminal, but wondered if there was an easier way built
>  > >  > in??)
>  >
>  > > Well, from the file manager you can go to Fstab and
>  > > double click your cdrom/floppy (assuming they're in your
>  > > /etc/fstab, if not make an entry for them).
>  >
>  > Did find that too, but I liked to xfce3 way better with xfmount with
>  > which closing the filemanager ejected the cdrom-tray....
>  > I also wonder if one can still do that with v4....

>  xfmountdev4 /cdrom

OK, so that works great, but...

when I use xfmoutdev4 on my zip-disk (/dev/hdb ->ide-scsi-> /dev/sda4 ->
/mnt/zip), the disk does not eject. It says:
Ejecting media...
eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument

Same thing as when  I do
[remco at bigbird remco]$ eject /mnt/zip
eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument

but this works:
[remco at bigbird remco]# eject -s /mnt/zip

Can I add the "-s" parameter for xfmountdev4 somewhere? I did have a look at
the manual, but it doesn't say anything about paramaters for the various
devices....

Thanks!

Remco