control-alt-delete

Norbert Kaufmann norbert at akumakun.de
Wed Nov 5 15:08:40 CET 2003

Amarpreet Rattan wrote:
> hello all,
>
> by default, control-alt-delete starts xflock4.  I would like it to exit
> xfce (or bring up the dialog box 'are you sure you want to exit?'  How do
> I do this?  i have my own keythemerc file, I just don't know what command
> would do this.

this seems to be a frequently not answered question. i am using a
keybinding to a small script to kill the panel:

<-- snip -->
#!/bin/sh
# close xfce4-session by killing xfce4-panel :-(

kill -SIGTERM `ps | awk '/xfce4-panel$/ { print $1}'`
<-- snap -->

this will only work if the xfce4-panel is the last thing you started in
your .xinitrc.
any better solutions would be appreciated.

HTH

norbert