DiskPerf plugin

roger rstmp at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:12:53 CET 2003

Hi guys,

I've released 2 new versions of the DiskPerf plugin:

V1.2:
More reliable processing for retrieving disk statistics provided by Linux
kernel 2.6.

V1.3:
1.2 + Possibility of monitoring disk busy time statistics (%) instead of I/O
transfers (MB/s).

Note:
1) Sorry, nothing new for BSD users since 1.1 (anyone interested in porting
1.3?).
2) Linux 2.6 users: if you've got problems with 1.1, try 1.2 (or 1.3).
3) Linux 2.4's disk busy times don't seem to be very reliable. In my case, it
is sort-of OK with my 1st disk, but data related to my 2nd disk (same brand)
aren't accurate at all.
4) I don't know how good data provided by Linux 2.6 are, since I haven't been
able to boot such a kernel yet. Bear in mind that Linux 2.6 provides busy
times only for whole disks, not at the partition level.

Cheers,
Roger.