menu editor

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri May 16 03:48:09 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 21:36, Lionel Laratte wrote:

> Great, thanks for the tip.  Now, is there any way to automatically
> import KDE and Gnome menus into this?  I'm addicted to the speed but I
> miss the menus I'm used to.  Thanks.

	Xfce3 will automatically pick up and build the menus for KDE 2.x and
GNOME 1.x but not with the newest versions of them.  They both changed
the way they handle menus and, since xfce3 is no longer being worked on
(all work is being done on xfce4 now) it's not likely that you will see
this.  However, you can still build them if you move or copy the
.desktop files to places where xfce3 can find them.  You'll need to ask
one of the developers for hoe to do this, though.  I don't use the menus
at all so I can't say how it's done.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.