switching to xfce4

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at laposte.net
Wed May 14 09:03:02 CEST 2003

Hi all .
I'm a kind of .. newbie .
But i reaaly want to switch to xfce4
I'm now runninf 3.8.18 built with the slackware9.

I know i'll encounter problems . :-)

1°) Will the "xfce4" executeble have the same name as the 3 one ?
that would ease my job , cause 'it wont be nothing more to do than
compiling and installing .

2°) if it wont have the same name , what name will it have ?
What different files will i have to edit to be able to run xfce in a
clean way ?
will symlinking be OK ? :-)

3°)I cannot find any "requirement" list for xfce4 .
does it mean that v4 will run anywhere v3 runs ? ( that would be great )
.
I wait for some answers and then i'll perform :

a) ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-xft=yes
b) make
c) make install

d) Starting X and pray :-)

--