xfce and RH9

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Tue May 13 15:10:21 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my home machine to RedHat 9. It was a fresh
install so I reinstalled xfce-3.8.18-1 RPM. Everything is working fine
with one annoying exception. XFCE has lost almost all "links" to KDE and
GNOME apps. Most submenus of KDE and GNOME under "User menu" are just
empty now. RH9 comes with KDE version 3.x, so it has probably many
apps names and/or paths changed, GNOME likely the same.

Is there a way to automatically teach XFCE to find/recognize those apps?
Or maybe somebody has already went through it manually and could share
the configuration file(s)?

best regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND