xfce4 debian update

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Sat May 3 12:24:37 CEST 2003

Ken Moffat schrieb:
> I'm using Libranet (debian) with sid sources.list, and tried to load the
> new .debs, but lost my taskbar, and the panel has no configure, info or
> quit buttons. There is no background config option; no backdrop plugin.
> I did "xfce4_setup".  Is a purge necessary before loadng the new debs?
> or .... ?
>
> I first tried the update using stock ftp.debian.org, then added the
> following:
>
> deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/xfce4/ ./
> deb-src http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/xfce4/ ./
>
> and tried it again, but I already had the latest versions.

Which packages did you install? There are
several for Xfce4 in the unstable tree -- but
I don't know, if all of them are necessary to
have a complete installation.
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=xfce&searchon=names&subword=1&version=unstable&release=all

HTH

Chris
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph., Email: bier at wiz.uni-kassel.de
Universitaet Kassel, FG Oekologische Lebensmittelqualitaet und
Ernaehrungskultur \\ Postfach 12 52 \\ 37202 Witzenhausen
Tel.: +49 (0) 55 42 / 98 -17 21, Fax: -17 13