Click to focus not working as "expected"

Peter Hessler freebsd-misc at theapt.org
Sat May 3 05:59:46 CEST 2003

I like the Windows and Mac method of ClickToFocus, where you can click anywhere in the window, and that window will gain Focus, and Pop to the top.  I used to be able to do that with XFCE, but now, that only works when I click in the title bar, or along the "moveable edges".  This is XFCE 3.8.18 on OpenBSD 3.3-current/macppc.

It will work while I stay on one virtual screen, but once I swap screens, it goes to how I described.  I cannot reproduce this on my OpenBSD-3.3-current/i386 machine however.  I have copied the working [~/.xfce/xfwmrc] to the macppc box, and it doesn't work there.

Both were installed from the OpenBSD ports tree.  X4.3.0 on both.

Thanks for any help.  =)

(I originally sent this from an un-subscribed address, so apologies if this is received twice)
--
"Technically, I can go and break the fingers of a sysadmin of any
operating system and get the root password.  This doesn't make it a