Xfce 3.8.16 and a different window manager

Serge Gagnon gagnon__s at videotron.ca
Fri May 2 19:04:28 CEST 2003

On 02-May-2003 Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 02:56, Christoph Bier wrote:
>
>> >    You don't necessarily need to run the cutting edge xfce4 but
>> > you might want to upgrade to xfce 3.8.18.
>>
>> But it's also in the unstable tree of Debian :-).
>
>       I've never been able to figure out that stable/unstable thing with
> debian.  xfce 3.8.18 is stable as hell and solid as a rock.  You'd
> probably be better off just getting it from xfce.org and installing it.

Yesterday, I reinstall xfce-3.8.18 after a six months long tour of trying some
sort of desktop/wm. The very first thing I feel about xfce in comparison to the
others wm/des* was... that it is stable as hell and solid as a rock ;). I'm not
kidding, it's true. And at this moment, I had a good feeling like: "Ahhhhh home
sweet home". :)

--
Serge Gagnon
Quebec, Qc, Canada