Images and desktop menu

Gianluca Turconi luctur at comeg.it
Sun Mar 30 14:24:04 CEST 2003

Hi *,

I'm playing with XFce4 Desktop menu. Everything works well except I'm
not able to let icons display on the menu.

In the menu.xml example that is distributed with the code I read this line:

<app name="Terminal" cmd="xfterm4" term="no" icon="xterm.png"/>

so I suppose it's possible to display icons on that menu, but since I
have put a modified menu.xml in my .xfce4 folder, I haven't found a way
to do so. I've changed the location of the icon several times and used
relative and absolute paths without success.

Here what I've written in my menu.xml file:

<app  name="Terminale" cmd="aterm -fade 75 -sh 50 -tr -fg white"
term="no" icon="gnome-xterm.png"/>

I've tried to locate gnome-xterm.png in .xfce4, my home and even in
/usr/local/etc/xfce4 where was the original menu.xml file I've tried to
modify too.

So, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Gianluca