Data loss while restoring .tgz archives

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Mar 25 23:20:03 CET 2003

Thomas,

Actually, I did not say that xftree was responsible for your data loss.

I was just saying that using a file manager to copy sensible data is a
bad idea, generally speaking.

IMO, the only reliable tool for copying sensible data is "cp"

Cheers,
Olivier.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org