Problems compiling and building xfce-3.8.18 on Mandrake 9.1

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Mon Jun 30 13:31:48 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 21:00, Anders Lind wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:54:40 +0000
> "Spyros Tsiolis" <spytsi at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello list,
> > Here we go again.
> > I 've just upgraded to Mandrake 9.1. Looks ok. Not very happy with it.

<WHACK>

> I remember seeing something similiar on the Mandrake mailinglist but not concerning XFCE though, but in that case I seem to recall that pygtk needed to be installed for some reason as well, don't ask me why.....this is only taken from my memory though, but I think this was the case. Otherwise you can always download the RPM and install that...personally I prefer not to do something like that
> Cheers
> Anders

One of the things that I've found out about with Mandrake is that you're
going to want to have as many of the GTK related dev RPM's loaded - and
as well, I also found that by including particular lib paths in my
/etc/ld.so.conf and re-running ldconfig made for better compiling all
around - here's what my /etc/ld.so.conf looks  like:

/usr/lib
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/xfce4
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/qt3/lib
/usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.0.0/post
/usr/lib/wine
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.3
/usr/local/netscape
/usr/lib/evolution/1.3
/usr/lib/kde3
/usr/java/lib

...and since then, all's been relatively happy...

But I was lucky enough to not have to compile XFCE4 as one of the list
members kindly built a set of RPM's for it! (Yeah, I'm lazy)

http://clevername.homeip.net/xfce4/

...that made it all the more easy...

--
Mon Jun 30 21:25:00 EST 2003
 21:25:00 up 5 days, 21:11,  3 users,  load average: 1.35, 1.15, 1.04

"We Americans, we're a simple people... but piss us off, and we'll bomb
your cities."
-- Robin Williams, _Good Morning Vietnam_