Questions for the Panel

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Fri Jun 13 11:53:16 CEST 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 at 14:50 (+0530), Biju Chacko wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:39:13 +0200, Bernhard Walle wrote:
>
> > I just downloaded xfce4 (debian unstable version) and I'm very
> > impressed: looks good, easy to use and quick.
> >
> > But there are a few things that I don't like:
> >
> > 1. If I click on the desktop switcher in the panel, the panel is
> > focused so
> >    I have to re-focus the window I want to work. Is there any
> >    possibility to change this?
>
> This is a known issue. It's not exactly a bug so there's no plans right
> now to fix it.

> The work around is to use the mouse wheel or keyboard
> shortcuts to change desktops.

... or the pager in the taskbar, I know. But why is it not possible to
let the user choose if he wants to re-focus the `desktop' after clicking
on a desktop button?

> > 2. The placement of new windows is that they can cover the panel. Is
> >    there any possibility to make the panel shrinking the workspace?
>
> Yes. You can define margins. It's in the preference manager somewhere.

Oh, thanks. But that does not work for the `Run program' dialog. :-(

Gruss,
Bernhard

--
"Mankind invented the atomic bomb, but no mouse would ever construct a