Current source for xfce4

Collins Richey erichey2 at attbi.com
Sun Jun 8 18:14:00 CEST 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 17:02:01 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 08:50:53 -0600
> Collins Richey <erichey2 at attbi.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, found the info.
> >
> > Now then, everything except xffm will make and install using
> > export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig && ./configure &&
> > make&& make install.
> >
> > DBH is installed in /usr/local/lib:
> >
> > libdbh-1.0.so.1
> > libdbh-1.0.so.1.0.0
> > libdbh.a
> > libdbh.la
> > libdbh.so
> >
> > ldconfig has been updated.
> >
> > I've also tried ./autogen.sh instead of ./configure.
> >
> > How can I get xffm installed?
> >
> > Do I really nead xffm to get started with xfce4?
> >

> If you show us the error messages, we can try to help. Xffm is not
> absolutely required, but it would be nice to know why it doesn't work
> for you.

Sorry, I hit send too soon.  With either ./configure or ./autogen.sh, I
always get

checking for dbh-1.0 >= 1.0... Package dbh-1.0 was not found in the
pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`dbh-1.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'dbh-1.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (dbh-1.0 >= 1.0) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Even though dbh-1.0 is installed, I don't find a dbh-1.0.pc anywhere.

Thanks,
--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
gentoo stable - ext3