The death touch...

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Jul 25 05:08:09 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 20:25, Brian Masinick wrote:

> However, kill, at least in some implementations, can take care of
> this, too.  According to my documentation, it's possible to provide a
> process name containing the name of a program image.  If you add the
> -a option, you can kill  processes belonging to others (if you have
> the privilege to do so).  The killall command, present on some
> systems, can do stuff like this:
>
> killall mozilla-bin
> and get rid of all mozilla related processes in one step.

	Recent versions of Red Hat have also included the pkill command.  It's
like killall, effectively, but I believe it's more portable in that
other *NIX versions have this command, too.  At least I know Solaris 8
and above do.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.