HOWTO MenuMaker with xfce4

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Wed Jul 23 04:57:07 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 12:38, Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 22:32, Mark Welker wrote:
>
> > Same here. I tried a search on freshmeat with no results.
> > I use Slackware, not a rpm distro.
>
> 	You can always use alien to convert the rpm into a tgz.

I've got a version of MenuMaker that is in tar.gz format - along with a
diff patch for compiling a version that DOES nice menus structures for
XFCE4 - you can find it at:

http://thor.prohosting.com/~kilgoret/files/

Just make sure you patch the source code prior to compiling the program
and expecting anything useful out of it.

Works like a charm, but then again, I only used MenuMaker to create the
"basic structure" of my menus for applications - I then proceeded to
whack it to death taking out what I don't use, what I don't need, and
adding bits'n'bobs of what I do have that it didn't pick up - along with
rearranging it in a manner more suitable for my particular tastes. Ain't
like editing an XML file is all that hard...(g)

HTH
--
Wed Jul 23 12:50:00 EST 2003
 12:50:00 up 9 days,  4:53,  2 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.12, 0.14

"Bender, I don't care whether you have money. I love you for your artificial
intelligence and your sincerity simulator."
 -Countess de la Roca