xfce4-trigger-launcher examples/ideas

H.R. ter Veer terveer at lycos.nl
Mon Jul 21 10:20:27 CEST 2003

Try using another parameter, to figure out what to mount where, or look in
fstab: my cdrom is mounted on /mnt/cdrom, my cdrw is mounted on /mnt/cdrw, my
floppy is mounted on /mnt/floppy:
use something like togglemount <mountpoint>

btw you can see if it is mounted using /etc/mtab.

---- my own togglemount ----

#!/bin/sh
sound=1
gui=1

if [ "x$1" == "x" ]; then
  echo "usage: togglemount <mountpoint>"
  exit
fi

if cat /etc/mtab|grep $1 >/dev/null; then
  echo "unmounting $1..."
  umount $1
  if echo "$1"|grep cdrom >/dev/null; then
    eject /dev/cdrom
  fi
  if mount|grep $1 >/dev/null; then
    if [ $gui -gt 0 ]; then
      xmessage -center -timeout 3 -default "okay" "  $1 not unmounted!  "
    elif [ $sound -gt 0 ]; then
      play /usr/share/sounds/error.wav
    fi

  else
    if [ $gui -gt 0 ]; then
      xmessage -center -timeout 3 -default "okay" "  $1 unmounted  "
    elif [ $sound -gt 0 ]; then
      play /usr/share/sounds/umount.wav
    fi
  fi
else
  if cat /etc/fstab|grep $1 >/dev/null; then
    echo "mounting $1..."
    mount $1
    if mount|grep $1 >/dev/null; then
      if [ $gui -gt 0 ]; then
        xmessage -center -timeout 3 -default "okay" "  $1 mounted  "
      elif [ $sound -gt 0 ]; then
        play /usr/share/sounds/mount.wav
      fi
    else
      if [ $gui -gt 0 ]; then
        xmessage -center -timeout 3 -default "okay" "  $1 not mounted!  "
      elif [ $sound -gt 0 ]; then
        play /usr/share/sounds/error.wav
      fi
    fi
  else
    echo "unknown mountpoint: $1."
  fi
fi

echo "done."

---

On Monday 21 July 2003 03:31, Jan Eidtmann wrote:
> cd mount/-unmount button:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> if [ "$1" = "1" ]; then
>     echo 1
>     mount /cdrom &> /dev/null
>
> elif [ "$1" = "0" ]; then
>     echo 0
>     umount /cdrom &> /dev/null
>
> else
>     STATUS=`cat /proc/mounts | grep cdrom`
>     if [ "x$STATUS" = "x" ]; then
> 	echo 0
>     else
> 	echo 1
>     fi
> fi
>
> any suggestions on how to make this better? :-)
> it works for me...

  The only thing that you can rely on
  is that you can't rely on anything
  don't go and sell your soul for self-esteem
  don't be plasticine