wow.. improvements

hugh d fegely wolffe at cavtel.net
Sat Jul 19 01:06:41 CEST 2003

it's been a long time since I used XFce.. it was still in the early 3.x stages I think..

I have to say, after loading Mandrake 9.1 and not getting the default XFce3 installation to work, nor the WindowMaker installation, I came to the XFce website and saw 4.0 is about to be released.. and so I found and downloaded the Mandrake packages for RC1

I like the changes and improvements made :)

It did take a bit of poking around to ditch the taskbar for the icon box (and I'm not sure I'll keep the icon box up, either). But the configurability of the panel is just as easy as I remember, and the integration of the pager graphics is nice.

I've read thruogh some of the recent archives, and look forward to seeing more on the list as the final release comes. I do hope that an easier "graphical selection" for the taskbar/iconbox will be included, and I also hope that session management can be implemented (I tried the kstart recommendation from the archives, but the programs I want to have start on the other desktops still start on the first one).

  hugh d fegely   -- --- --   wolffe at cavtel.net
 <-->  ..to look into the eyes of a wolf..  <-->
<->..is to look into the depths of your soul..<->