Installing XFCE4 under SuSE 8.2

dennis tuchler dtuchler at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 00:04:04 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 13:47, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Dennis,
>
> the startup scripts provided with xfce are for gdm, not kdm.
>
> I also included some stuff for RedHat and Mandrake to pick it up. I know
> nothing about SuSE actually.
>
> As for starting xfce4 from a terminal, try "startxfce4"
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

In the final version of 4, will there be a way to make xfce list itself
on the KDE startup menu?  to make itself the default desktop (with the
appropriate way of selecting other desktops as taste dictates)?

I rather like the idea of a relatively spare desktop and xfce seems to
be the right one.  However, I doubt I am alone in wanting some
flexibility and integration with the kdm as well as gdm.

Thanks

dj tuchler