session manager and user environment in XFCE4

Agi Subagio agi.subagio at saranaasiaraya.com
Fri Jul 11 08:11:32 CEST 2003

I'm evaluating XFCE4 beta1 on my RH 8 system.

I want to know how to run an application after user login to xfce (startup
application)?
In GNOME, I configured session manager to call an application everytime
selected user login.

How to configure the environment and path for a user?
Usually I put my custom env and path settings in $HOME/.bash_profile.
But it didn't work in XFCE4.
I try to put at $HOME/.bashrc, but only work after I run xterm.
I need the custom env and path settings everytime I login to xwindow session
in xfce, not after i run the xterm in xwindow session.
Is there any solution for this situation?

Regards,
Agi