Wow to get rid of the task bar.

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Jul 6 20:29:55 CEST 2003

Dan Gordon <dgordon8 at cogeco.ca> writes:

> On 06 Jul 2003 23:51:58 +1000
> Stephen Kuhn <skuhn at telpacific.com.au> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 23:36, Dan Gordon wrote:
>> > I would like to get rid of the task bar and use the icon box insted.
>> > Can anyone help me with this.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Dan Gordon
>>
>> Just edit the .xinitrc or the .xsession (whichever you use to start
>> with); you can make your mods there - as well as load heaps of other
>> cool things - here's mine for an example:
>>

> Ok where do i find there files please.

What xfce4 packages did you install?
if rpm use `rpm -ql package' to find all package filenamess

   `rpm -ql xfce4 |grep xinitrc'
Should narrow it down.

Don't take these commands literally.  Find the exact name like this:
rpm -qa|grep xfce

If you intalled from tar.gz then they should be under
/usr/local/etc/xfce4 unless you used a different PREFIX=$DIR