Cant install xffm or xffm-icons

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Jul 6 08:52:48 CEST 2003

Dan Gordon <dgordon8 at cogeco.ca> writes:

> What should i do from here ?

There is an rpm package of the dbh-* stuff on sourceforge.net at the
xfce4 pages.  I installed it and that cured the dbh error.

But first let me explain that I was working from the `beta' tarballs,
some 17 tar.gz files including two with `xffm' in there name:
xffm-3.90.381
xffm-icons-3.90.0

I had the same error as you when building xffm-3.90.381.
Installing the rpm cited above cured the problem.

I had set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to include /usr/local/lib/pkg_config.  and
didn't change it.  Once I installed the dbh*rpm the build seemed to
know where to find it.

I can't connect to  http://xfce.sourceforge.net right now to give you
the exact file name but it will be readily apparent.

(connections to http://xfce.sourceforge.net. have been very bad for
about 2 hrs from where I am)