xffm: opening files with ~

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sun Jul 6 04:58:24 CEST 2003

El s?, 05-07-2003 a las 12:44, Sukrit escribió:
> Hi,
>
> In xffm, I want to open say a html file mozilla using the command on
> the file,
>
> mozilla -remote openfile("%s, new-tab")
>
> where %s is the /path/filename, like most *nix commands.
>
> This doesn't work. Can it be somehow made to work, except maybe by
> calling an external bash/perl script?

That's a tough one since quotes are used in xffm to enclose arguments
with spaces. Maybe something like

mozilla -remote "openfile(/path/filename, new-tab)"

will work in the run-box because xffm will bunch everything in quotes as
a single argument. But you have to write out the /path/filename. I don't
think it will work on double click "open with" but check out the dillo
application for opening local html files, it is lightning fast.

regards

Edscott