Linux Journal's 2003 Readers' Choice Poll

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Jul 3 17:34:08 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 10:48, Preben Randhol wrote:

> > > Guess which Programming lanugage I voted for ;-) (hint: see sig)
> >
> > 	Heh, mine is COBOL.   ;-)
>
> Is this an offence or are you not kidding?

	No, I'm not kidding.  My favorite programming language is COBOL 2002.
The best implementation I've seen so far is Kobol from theKompany.
While most people think of the ASNI 1968 version when they hear the
word, COBOL is very alive and vital and, with the new 2002 standard, a
much better OOP language than C++ will ever hope to be.

	OC, any actual coding I do at work is one of shell, perl or php.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.