xfce4 start programs at login

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Thu Jul 3 05:48:47 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 17:12, Todd Slater wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:23:00 -0700
> Jack Coates <jack at monkeynoodle.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 11:36, Joe Klemmer wrote:
> >

> > > All of the above work just fine.
> >
> > whoah Nellie...
> >
> > So I rebooted. The kdm stuff posted earlier wiped out the gdm script
> > with an Xsession script -- no complaints because that part works and
> > it now executes my Autostart script. Gkrellm works too!
> >
> > Unfortunately, it put me back to the taskbar instead of lilstars,
> > yech. It doesn't look like I kept a copy of the message explaining how
> > to use xfibx instead of the taskbar, and I don't see it in the manual
> > -- how do I pick one instead of the other?
> >
> > thanks,
>
> Are you using the startxfce4 script? If so, comment out/remove line 37
> of /usr/local/etc/xfce4/xinitrc. You can start iconbox from
> ~/Desktop/Autostart if you want.
>
> Todd

cool, thanks -- I just commented it and added xfce4-iconbox under it.
Still, a gui way to make the choice would be great.

I'm getting all giddy again, this is a nice environment now that I've
found ways to customize it. I particularly like something that I think
is gtk2-related, which is the fact that it picked up Galaxy as a theme
choice. Since I'm using Galaxy with KDE and Gnome too, it's doing that
whole everything's-got-the-same-theme thing that we all like. In fact, I
think I'm gonna go try to find Galaxy skins for gkrellm and xmms :-)

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...