Tricky question about XFce on MDK 9.1

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Wed Jul 2 06:08:02 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 18:33, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 05:09, Xtian Xultz wrote:
> > But it works!
> > My only problem is that, when the machine reboots, the file does
> > not have the +x atribute anymore!
>
> Is msec changing it back to un-executable?

good guess, but not likely -- in the interest of space, the config files
usually set policy on a directory basis instead of file by file. Have a
look in /usr/share/msec/.

I tracked this down a couple of years ago to something in gdm's
initialization process, but I can't remember what it was now.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...