Tricky question about XFce on MDK 9.1

Xtian Xultz xultz at ig.com.br
Tue Jul 1 18:48:58 CEST 2003

Hello all!

I instaled the XFce 4 on my Mdk 9.1 using the rpm packages, and
XFce works great (Im using right now and cant stop using it! )

But I have a little problem: Im using the GDM login manager.
Because I have users using XFce 3, I didnt borrow the original
XFCE call on the GDM Sessions configuration.
So, on the /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions I created a file called XFce4,
did a chmod +x on it and inside I call the XFce 4 desktop. Works
great.

But (always have a but...) when I restart the computer, the file
I created doens have the execution flag. I have to do a chmod +x
on the file to XFce4 appear on the GDM options. I tryed to put
a chmod +x on the rc.local but didnt worked.

Someone perhaps know swhy this???

Thanx for any help.

Best regards

Xtian Xultz