scripting toobar menu creation

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Jan 28 21:35:21 CET 2003

Hi Hilaire,

Sorry for taking so long to answer (that should apply to xfce4 also).

the mechanism is fairly simple. At first run, the use has no
.xfce/xfce3rc so xfce looks for default files in /etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc
(depends on the sysconfdir specified at ./configure time)

That default file is loaded based on the current locale so that the
first time a user run xfce, he gets the menu in his own language (as
long as the file is present, of course)

For example, xfce 3.8.18 ship with the following default configs :

/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.cs
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.de
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.fr
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.hu
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.ja
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.ko
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.nl
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.sr
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.uk
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.zh_CN.GB2312
/etc/X11/xfce/xfce3rc.zh_TW.Big5

So all you have to do is to ask translators to translate that file.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Olivier.

--