xfce4 panel

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 28 05:20:39 CET 2003

On 27 Jan 2003 21:47:34 -0500, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> However, if I put aterm on top of any other window that app doesn't
> show through.  I only see the backdrop.  I'm guessing this is how it's
> supposed to work but is there a way for it to be truly transparent?
> Or am I just out in left field?

What you are talking about is called 'alpha-blending' -- muchos cpu
cycles required. I believe KDE 3 does it ... but konsole's transparency
doesn't work for me, so I can't comment on whether it does
alpha-blending.

All the other terms that do transparency (rxvt, Eterm, aterm &
gnome-terminal) basically display the correct section of the backdrop as
their bg.

-- b