xfce4 panel

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Jan 28 03:47:34 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 10:22, Chuck Mead wrote:

> aterm -fn 10x20 -fg white -bg black -tr -tint red -sh 50 -ls -sb -sr \
> - --geometry 90x35 -sl 2048

	I built an rpm for aterm <ftp://ftp.webtrek.com/pub/rpms> and installed
it.  I was trying to see how the transparency looked but it's not
working the way I thought it would.  When I run the above command
(without the "-tint" or "-sh 50") and the aterm is transparent to the
point that the background image I use with xfce shows through.  However,
if I put aterm on top of any other window that app doesn't show
through.  I only see the backdrop.  I'm guessing this is how it's
supposed to work but is there a way for it to be truly transparent?  Or
am I just out in left field?

--
"It's time to KISS your BOT goodBYYYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!"
                -- Metabee, 'Medabots'