xfce4 is great

Collins Richey erichey2 at attbi.com
Sun Jan 26 03:42:04 CET 2003

Other than a few little quirks installing from CVS (cvs says
gtk-xfce-engine-2 is missing in action, for example), xfce4 is great.

One missing feature from my standpoint:

Is there a way to invoke the desktop menu from an icon on the panel?  My
screens are 800x600 due a poor monitor, and there's no exposed desktop
on any of my screens to do a middle mouse click in an exposed area of
the desktop.

That would cure the other problem:  namely, that it should be possible
to quit from the desktop when the quit button on the panel is selected.
If my first wish were realized, this would be no problem, because I
could select quit from the desktop menu.

I don't know about resource utilization in comparison to xfce3, but
xfce4 is really nice.

Congratulations on a fine product.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area