What ever happened?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Jan 26 00:41:43 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 00:35, Collins Richey wrote:
> On 26 Jan 2003 00:18:36 +0100
> Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> > > xfbd4
> >
> > Naaaahh! It's deprecated!!
> >
> > Use "xfce-setting-show backdrop"
> >

> Thanks, but this is too cryptic.  Where does this go? ~/.xfdeskmenurc ?
> ~/.xfce4/settings ?  For example, I've downloaded
> ~/XFCE_simple_night_1024.png.  How to get this as backdrop?
>
> Thanks in advance.

You don't have to do anything but typing what I said... As long as you
run xfdesktop, obviously.

You can run just "xfce-setting-show" and choose backdrop in the list, or
even left click on the root window and select "Settings manager"

But where the config file resides won't be of any help - It's not
intended to be changed by hand. xfdeskmenu is deprecated, xfbd4 is
deprecated too.

Cheers,
--
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>