xftree and registration

Brett I. Holcomb brettholcomb at charter.net
Fri Jan 24 03:04:22 CET 2003

Thank you.  If I understand it correctly, if I associate say the *.avi
files with gmplayer then double clicking should run gmplayer which plays
the avi.  That's not what I'm getting.  If I right click and select the
first item which is gmplayer  filename.avi the file plays.  Double
clicking gives me an "exe format" error for the avi file.

On 23 Jan 2003 19:55:47 -0500
Neal <nomore.office at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 19:36, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> > What exactly is the purpose of registration in xftree.  From what I
> > can see it simply adds an item to the right click menu that I can
> > select. For example if I associate *.avi files with gmplayer I get
> > an additional clicking?
> >
> Yes, basically, a data file is associated with an application.
> Double-clicking will call the registered (associated) application.
>
> --
> Neal

Brett I. Holcomb