xftree and registration

Brett I. Holcomb brettholcomb at charter.net
Fri Jan 24 01:36:54 CET 2003

What exactly is the purpose of registration in xftree.  From what I can
see it simply adds an item to the right click menu that I can select.
For example if I associate *.avi files with gmplayer I get an additional
menu item that allows me to select it and which will play the avi file.
However, if I double click on the avi file I get an "exec format" error.
 Is registration supposed to be the eqivalenet of association on other
desktop environments and actually allow you to run the program by double
clicking?

--

Brett I. Holcomb