have still problems compiling xffm on FreeBSD4.7-release

Wiroth Didier didier.wiroth at mcesr.etat.lu
Wed Jan 22 00:16:01 CET 2003

Hey,
(I'm *NIX newbie and no programmer)

Everything compiles fine now for me on freebsd except the
xffm module which still complains about dbh stuff!
Here is the output when running autogen.sh after the
failing of configure:

`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing .

Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...

Running glib-gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.

Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files

  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4
lcmessage.m4

  progtest.m4

from the /usr/local/share/aclocal directory to your
autoconf macro directory

or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.

You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you
can get from

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...

Running libtoolize...

You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.

Running aclocal -I m4  ...

aclocal: configure.in: 43: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not
found in library

aclocal: configure.in: 58: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not
found in library

Running autoheader...

WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
`config.h.bot'

WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
`config.h.in'

WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and

WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template
without

WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,

WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is
needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced,
see the

WARNING: documentation.

Running automake --gnu  ...

configure.in:4: version mismatch.  This is Automake 1.7,

configure.in:4: but the definition used by this
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE

configure.in:4: comes from Automake 1.6.3.  You should
recreate

configure.in:4: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake
again.

/usr/home/dda/custom/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am:
am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

/usr/home/dda/custom/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am:
am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

/usr/home/dda/custom/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am:
am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

/usr/home/dda/custom/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am:
am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

/usr/home/dda/custom/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am:
am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

Running autoconf ...

Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...

checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install
-c

checking for gawk... no

checking for mawk... no

checking for nawk... nawk

checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
Makefiles... yes

checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf4.7

checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf4.7

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for suffix of executables...

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

checking dependency style of gcc... gcc

checking for strerror in -lcposix... no

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc

checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler...
(cached) yes

checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none
needed

checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc

checking for egrep... grep -E

checking for ANSI C header files... yes

checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install
-c

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes

checking whether we are using the DBH Library... no

Error: DBHashtables library not found.

You may obtain the latest version of DBH at
http://dbh.sf.net

Thanks
Didier