Skript-execution after exiting xfwm (3.8.18)

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 16 09:12:00 CET 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:40:51 +0100 (CET), mail at joerg-winne.de wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I've examined the xinitrc-Skript from xfce and noticed, that the last
> line should clear the root-window. But after restarting xfce the old
> root-window still shortly appears.
> I want to execute some skripts after shutting down xfce and X, but it
> seems as if the X-server and the xinitrc-script die when xfwm is
> stopped and no more commands are executed after "exec xfwm".
>
> Maybe someone has some comments or hints for me?

`exec'
          exec [-cl] [-a NAME] [COMMAND [ARGUMENTS]]
     If COMMAND is supplied, it replaces the shell without creating a
     new process.  If the `-l' option is supplied, the shell places a
     dash at the beginning of the zeroth arg passed to COMMAND.  This
     is what the `login' program does.  The `-c' option causes COMMAND
     to be executed with an empty environment.  If `-a' is supplied,
     the shell passes NAME as the zeroth argument to COMMAND.  If no
     COMMAND is specified, redirections may be used to affect the
     current shell environment.  If there are no redirection errors, the
     return status is zero; otherwise the return status is non-zero.

-- b