xftree - annoying refreshes

gardnerj gardnerj at allvantage.com
Wed Jan 15 17:36:02 CET 2003

From: Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com>
Date:  15 Jan 2003 11:09:33 -0500

>On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 09:29, meewi wrote:
>
>> I must say the refresh is also present with my configuration. I only run
>> XFCE as a WM on a SUSE 8.1 distribution.
>>
>> For me, I like it. When I run mc or change something without xftree it
>> changes automatic to in xftree in less then 3 seconds.
>
>	It does do the refresh but it's not visibly noticeable as a flicker or
>anything in the window, for me.

If I have the tree open to the right place and then save a new file there I can see the tree expand, of even if I'm downloading something big I can watch it's progress in xftree, of course watching that AND the download manager is like watching baseball on TV and listening to the commentary on the radio. I found there was about a second or 2 longer delay on the TV than the radio, which got very tiring after a short while. I didn't really like that psychic feeling, but now I've strayed way from the topic.

Cheers,
Jonathan