Changing xfterm color or running xterm

Brett I. Holcomb brettholcomb at charter.net
Thu Jan 9 04:05:04 CET 2003

Hmm, I found a file called /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm which has all sorts of things such as a menu.  Under KDE 2.2.1 I could right click and get a menu that allowed me to select things like fonts.  What exactly does xfterm do to mess with xterm??  The menu items in the XTerm file are uncommented but I don't have that option in xfce.  I can use xfrun to start xterm and still no menus.  A right click just selects the window.

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 03:18:48 +0100
Heiko Berges <hb-mlist+xfce at bsls.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:09:00PM -0500, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> > How do I change colors for just xfterm, or better yet replace
> > it with xterm.  I can run xterm but I get the same colors as
> > xfterm.  I want to customize the background and font colors just
> > for xterm.  When running xterm under KDE I could set the background
> > and fonts.
>
> You can set several options in ~/.Xdefaults, eg.
>
> xterm*background: black
> xterm*foreground: lightgreen
>
> man xterm /RESOURCES  will tell you more.
>

> 	Heiko

Brett I. Holcomb